Concession for Skiing activities at Sugarloaf Ice Cap
The Government of Greenland, in collaboration with Qeqqata Municipality, hereby invites applicants to apply for a concession for tourism activities relating to skiing activities in the areas of Sugarloaf Ice Cap north of Maniitsoq in Qeqqata Municipality
Interested citizens and businesses are invited to apply for a concession with the exclusive right to offer skiing activities in areas at Sugarloaf Ice Cape north of Maniitsoq.
Qeqqata Municipality has designated areas for concession areas for skiing activities in Municipal Plan Annex No. 30 for concession areas at Sugarloaf Ice Cap north of Maniitsoq (Municipal Plan Annex). The Municipal Plan Annex is a municipal plan annex for Municipal Plan 2012-2024 for Qeqqata Municipality. The Ministry of Industry Energy and Research must receive applications in this call for tenders by Thursday 16 January 2020 at 23.59 local time in Nuuk, Greenland.
The identification of the concession areas should be seen as an integral part of the Government of Greenland’s tourism strategy, which aims to increase private investment in the Greenlandic tourism industry and thereby increase growth and employment in the long-term.
Questions about the invitation letter and supporting documents must be addressed to the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Research by e-mail at email@example.com before Thursday 28 November 2019.
All questions received and related answers will be published on the Government of Greenland’s website in an anonymised form.
For more details about the tender and terms of a tourism concession, please refer to the tender dossier for the call for tenders, which includes the following documents:
1. Invitation Letter
2. Application form for a tourism concession
3. Model for a declaration on joint representative and commitments
4. Municipal Plan Annex No. 30 for skiing areas at Sugarloaf Ice Cap north of Maniitsoq in Qeqqata Municipality
5. Parliament of Greenland Act No. 19 of 3 December 2012 on the concession for tourism activities in selected rural areas
6. Parliament of Greenland Act No. 15 of 3 June 2015 amending Parliament of Greenland Act No. 19 of 3 December 2012 on a concession for tourism activities in selected rural areas